- Midges bring fish to the surface 12 months out of the year.
- American Angler estimates midges account for 22% of trout's diet, by far the single most important single food source.
- Despite all this many anglers ignore flies below size 16, therefore fish aren't used to seeing artificial flies this size, therefore increasing their likelihood to strike.
- Midges are a great winter food source and this pattern has added flash and bubble to attract attention.
- Midges are a great winter food source and this pattern is a great imitation, it has translucent peacock and lots of sparkle to attract.
- Disco Midge, lots of flash